About the Role
• Supports and assists the President/CEO in all aspects of accounting responsibilities.
• Assists in preparation of monthly and annual GAAP financial statements through data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
• Provides regular review and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts and other reporting materials and metrics for finance committee meetings and funding reports
• Prepares and oversees budgets, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration of existing programs and proposed new services.
• Manages daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties.
• Organizes a variety of technical accounting analyses, procedures, and policies
• Plays a key role in QuickBooks Financials including online and desktop applications.
• Coordinates and prepares all audit activities.
• Manages finance staff, both full and part time.
• Maintains confidentiality and adherence to all accounting security and procedural policies.
• Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (MA/MBA) preferred in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Management with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounting.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
• Experience should include legal audit compliance, budgets, and resource development.
• Up to date knowledge of current financial and GAAP procedures.
• Proficient on QuickBooks desktop and online applications
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Please email your resume to email@example.com
About the Company
The Quad County Urban League (QCUL) is an equal opportunity employer. It supports racial justice, civil rights and economic empowerment for African Americans and others DuPage, Kane, Kendall, and Will counties. As an advocate for educational excellence and economic self-reliance, we develop programs and services to empower children, youth, and adults. Sharing the commitment of the 110-year-old community-based Urban League movement, QCUL joins 98 other dedicated affiliates in their charge to create sustainable economic and civil community models with global impact.