About the Role
· Provide support through daily 1:1 session to each student for all coursework.
· Utilize effective tutoring and listening strategies to empower student tutees and to determine content and pace of tutoring.
· Explore students’ individual learning preferences and work to develop active learning and study strategies that are appropriate for their needs and optimizes their learning.
· Follow the tutor cycle, utilize open-ended questions, and goal setting to diagnose student tutoring/skill development needs and monitor progress.
· Help students in academic coaching program with learning strategies, academic reading, organization, study skills and alignment of their academic priorities.
· Assist with follow-up and monitoring students’ progress to provide additional academic support.
· Communicate with Program and Case Managers to ensure connection for students related to specific course expectations and discussions during tutoring sessions.
· Collaborate with other faculty/staff to design and deliver workshops, presentations, and specialized group tutoring, as needed.
· Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
· Ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner verbally and in writing regarding student learning.
· Participate in professional development activities to improve tutorial skills.
· Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of program business.
· Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Core Competencies Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Represents and supports furthering the mission of the Quad County Urban League in the most positive manner with students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and other customers of our service, learns, and uses operating practices of the program and QCUL.
Represents and supports furthering the mission of the Quad County Urban League in the most positive manner with students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and other customers of our service, learns, and uses operating practices of the program and QCUL.
Upholds the Mission Statement: QCUL is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
Customer Service/Program Knowledge: Has a good understanding of all QCUL programs and can effectively communicate the benefits of each one.
Detailed Oriented: Pays attention to all aspect of a task, and are able to detect and correct small errors without outside help.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates compassion and patience with people who may have trouble communicating or understanding their needs. Can interact effectively with colleagues, partners, and executive staff.
Good Communicator: Ability to use communication skills that successfully convey and develop trust with participants. Actively listens with empathy and respect and can deliver feedback to clients. Keeps management informed of progress and challenges.
Interview Skills: Successfully conveys and obtains information needed to carry out client support.
Good Organization: Understands good record keeping is crucial and is able to distribute information and supplies for others to receive in an organized manner.
Technology: Ability to create, navigate, and develop documents in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word applications. Willing to learn other systems related to QCUL’s organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in education. Master's degree in appropriate discipline preferred.
· Tutoring experience strongly preferred
· Daily Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
· This position does not work remotely.
· Sitting or standing at desk/worktable with student(s); moving about the office; moving about the campus.
Eligible employees are offered:
· Medical and Dental Insurance
· Vacation, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
About the Company
The Quad County Urban League is an equal opportunity employer. QCUL supports racial justice, civil rights and economic empowerment for African Americans and others DuPage, Kane, Kendall, and Will counties. As an advocate for educational excellence and economic self-reliance, we develop programs and services to empower children, youth, and adults. Sharing the commitment of the 110-year-old community-based National Urban League movement, QCUL joins 98 other dedicated affiliates in their charge to create sustainable economic and civil community models with global impact.